Advisory Committee Job Description
This is a volunteer position to serve as a member of one of the established Advisory Committees of the Clarke County School Board. These positions are appointed by the board for terms as described in committee by-laws beginning in July, as per Clarke County School Board policy BCF. Applications are due June 20, 2018.
Description of Major Responsibilities:
Individuals appointed to participate are responsible for working with their respective committee members to fulfill the following functions as outlined by the Virginia Department of Education.
- Assess specific areas of the education program as appropriate
- Formulate suggestions and recommendations to create or improve the instructional program
- Carry out specific functions and duties assigned to the committee, including the development of the annual plan
- Identify community resources to meet the unique needs of students
To support and advocate
- Promote the program throughout Clarke County and the greater community
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations to the division superintendent and school board
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Review and abide by committee bylaws
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings or subcommittee meetings
- Be informed of activities of the committee
- Read the minutes of each meeting and advise the chair of any corrections or additions
- Focus on systems change and not personal grievances or individual advocacy
Each advisory committee will include a member of the Clarke County School Board, as well as school-based and/or central office employees.